Race Technology Dash2 Pro Digital Programmable Display with Integrated GPS Datalogging
The Dash2 Pro, even though deceivingly looks similar to the standard Dash2 unit, is a whole new beast! The DASH2 PRO is a complete and ultra configurable display system using powerful data processing and a range of enhancement options. The enhancement options available customise the DASH2 PRO to your application (including built in GPS data logging, CAN communication options to decode ECU or CAN bus data, additional analogue inputs and output controller options) so you can have a complete road/race ready system within one ultra compact die-cast aluminium case. The DASH2 PRO shares the same compact case as the standard DASH2 but that is where the similarity ends, the DASH2 PRO features an all new display and internals.
FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE DASH2 AND THE DASH2 PRO
- The Dash2 Pro has an integrated GPS receiver incorporating 2g Accelerometers with full data logging and integrated 8GB of storage for data (the licence to activate this feature is sold separately).
- The Dash2 Pro allows the LCD contrast and backlight brightness can be adjusted to your preference, in both day and night modes.. The standard Dash2 has 1 level of brightness.
- When the alarms are triggered (such as high temperatures) on the Dash2 Pro, the backlight will also flash for a more noticeable warning.
- The Dash2 Pro allows any variables or a group of variables to be reset using an assigned button.
- The Dash2 Pro allows the powerful processing to perform calculations on live data and display the results live.
- The Dash2 Pro has a complete new display allowing lap/sector timing to be displayed in the bottom segments.
- the Dash2 Pro allows any GoPro video camera to be controlled and synchronised for post race data analysis and overlays (available when the data logging option is enabled).
ENHANCEMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR THE DASH2 PRO
- 6g Accelerometers - Upgrade the internal 2g accelerometers in the GPS data logging option. 6g accelerometers are recommended for use on high downforce vehicles, where more grip is available.
- Low Side Drivers and 4 Extra Analogue Channels - Low side output drivers and 4 extra analogue inputs is the option you will require if you want to switch on/off external systems automatically using your DASH2 PRO. This control can be simple or based on a complicated custom equation between various channel data. This option also enables the 4 additional analogue channels, making a total of 8.
- PWM Output Controller - The PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) output controller generates a pulsed output between 100-1000Hz, at a duty cycle controlled by a user equation. This output allows for a fine control of an output system rather than just a simple on/off control. This is ideal for water injection systems / nitrus oxide injection control etc.
- Second Serial Port - A second serial port is ideal for combining multiple input and output modules for complex systems, or driving a low speed telemetry channel on one port and a high speed output for video overlay on the second. A breakout cable is supplied with this option to enable easy connection of the separate serial ports.
- CAN reception (15 channel per license) - With this option the unit can decode any CAN data from either the vehicles main CAN stream or CAN based aftermarket ECU. This data can be mapped to any RT channels for saving or sending to serial port. Up to 105 CAN receive channels per unit, in multiples of 15 (one licence gets you 15 channels). Messages loadable using .dbc files. Data rates of up to 1Mbit and 11 or 29 bit addressing
- More features coming soon - Please see Race Technology's website for contunuos development updates on teh Dash2 Pro
Does the Race technology Dash 2/Pro fit on an Ariel Atom 3 built in 2010 and how easy is it to install? ThanksHi, yes you can install it but you need to make a custom wiring loom. You can see the wiring diagram for this in our blog. Alternatively you can buy our SkunkWurx RaceDash which is a complete plug’n’play unit and can be installed in 30 minutes.